PoliciesWe respect your privacy
Last Updated December 2011
Please read this Policy carefully before submitting personal information about you to us. Also, please note that this Policy does not apply to our processing of personal information on behalf of and subject to the instructions of third parties such as airlines, car rental companies and other service providers, companies that organize or offer packaged travel arrangements, marketing partners, or corporate customers.
For personal information of customers and employees that Hilton Worldwide, Inc. receives from the European Union and Switzerland, Hilton Worldwide, Inc. has committed to handling such personal information in accordance with the Safe Harbor Principles.
Personal Information We Collect
At every touch point or guest interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your name and contact information, including physical address, email address and telephone number; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to a property; participation in a membership or loyalty program; purchase of products or services; personal characteristics, including date of birth, gender and nationality; passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information; guest preferences; marketing preferences; dates of stay; preferred communication methods; business name, title and address; method of payment; credit card details, including the three or four digit CVV code; amount of charges for stays at properties; products and services received; reviews and opinions about our brands or properties (if they are identified or associated with you); frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation and member number; hotel, airline and rental car packages booked; groups with which you are associated for stays at hotels; information needed to provide products or services or administer the HHonors and Fast Reservation programs, including transaction and correspondence details; information provided on membership and account applications; information maintained in individual customer, HHonors and Fast Reservation account profiles; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us. We may also record details on joint travellers, including their names and frequent flyer numbers, and the age of the driver of the rental car.
In addition we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
- HHonors: When you enroll in our HHonors program, we will also ask you to indicate whether you are at least 18 years old, and we will record an HHonors number and password for you. When you manage your profile online, you have the opportunity to provide additional information about your preferred airline partners and your loyalty program account numbers with them, your room type preferences, your language preferences, your credit card account(s), your preferences for receiving news, offers and information from us, and to create a User ID and password. Also, when you book a Rewards Reservation or purchase HHonors Points online, we may ask for additional specific account information such as corporate account number, group or convention code, travel agent number or AAA number.
- Surveys: We may request demographic data or other personal information in customer surveys.
- On-site Collection: Local laws may require that we collect additional personal information during registration / check-in at our properties. We also may use closed circuit television and other security measures at our properties that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas. We also may collect additional personal information in connection with on-site services, such as concierge services, health clubs, spas, activities, child care services, and equipment rental.
- Event Profiles: If you choose to create an online profile for meeting and event planning (e.g., weddings), we record meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organization (name, annual budget, number of sponsored events per year).
- Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare: If you submit an online "pre-application" for timeshare or if you submit a reservation or information request online, or participate in an online "click-to-chat" type feature, we may be required to ask you to provide your annual income range or reservation information. If you register for an online account with Hilton Grand Vacations Club and/or The Hilton Club, we may also ask you to provide your member or reservation number, the last four digits of your phone number, and a self-selected password. If you finance the purchase of a timeshare, we may collect loan application and servicing information.
- Online Accounts: When you register for a Fast Reservations Account or other online account (e.g., as a member of Hilton Grand Vacations Club and/or The Hilton Club) we also ask you to select a username and password.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in Hilton-sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account with your permission, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list.
- Forward-to-a-Friend: From time to time, this site may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient's name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include, or you may be able to use a pre-populated message. By using this feature, you warrant that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient's name and email address for this purpose.
- Franchise Opportunities: If you are interested in obtaining more information about franchise opportunities, we may also collect information about your specific interests, such as brand, type of ownership and information about your property type such as current ownership, size of parcel, location of parcel, number of rooms, height limitation and time frame for planning or acquisition.
- Employment Applications: If you choose to apply online for employment with Hilton, you will also have the opportunity to send your resume in electronic form, information on education and employment history, desired salary scale, working permits, and any other information you feel is relevant to your application. If you apply for employment online, any information about you which is obtained by us during the application process may be retained by us for purposes of considering your application for employment, as well as for more general management and research purposes.
- WMBE Suppliers: If your U.S. company is a Women's/Minority Business Enterprise interested in participating in Hilton's Supplier Diversity Program, you may complete the Supplier Diversity Profile Application Form online. If you choose to apply, you will be asked to provide information about your company and its principals, including the principal's name, address, email address, ethnicity, contact person's name and email address, company's tax identification number and legal structure, and evidence of Women's/Minority Business Enterprise certification.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from Hilton, or which are part of a program you have joined or a purchase you have made, such as to facilitate: reservations, the purchase of a vacation package or timeshare, purchases of hotel products (including online purchases from our sites like Hilton To Home™), the booking of airfares and rental cars, membership in the HHonors program, and other transactions. We also use the personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning and access to specific account information for administrative purposes. In addition, we may use the information to: improve Hilton's services; provide you with the expected level of hospitality; ensure our site, products and services are of interest to you; and to process enrollments and applications. We also use the information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, and to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws, and other contests online and via email, telephone, mobile / text messaging (including SMS and MMS) and postal mail.
How We Share Personal Information
As a global company, we endeavor to provide you with the same level of service that you have come to expect at Hilton whether you are in San Francisco, London or Tokyo. To provide this service, we may share your personal information with other members of the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands, franchisees, managed hotels or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, Hilton will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is handled as described in this Policy.
- Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands: We may share personal information with other companies within the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands that may jointly use the personal information for the purposes described above. Hilton Worldwide, Inc. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used personal information.
- Franchised Hotels, Managed Hotels, Timeshare and Fractional Resorts: We may share personal information with owners and operators of franchised hotels, owners of hotels that we manage but do not own, and timeshare or fractional ownership resorts in order to provide you with services. In addition, when we cease managing a hotel that we do not own, we may provide the hotel's owner with limited information about past or future guests of that hotel.
- Electronic Billing Program: If you participate in the "eFolio program", billing information will be shared with the credit card provider and if you use a corporate credit card, possibly, your employer.
- Group Events or Meetings: If you visit Hilton as part of a group event or meeting, information collected for meeting and event planning may be shared with the organizers of those meetings and events, and, where appropriate, guests who organize or participate in the meeting or event.
- Business Partners: From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide products or services and may share your information with our business partners to provide those products or services to you. For example, we may help to arrange rental car or other services from our business partners, and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services. We also may co-sponsor promotions, sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor. If you are an HHonors member, we may share your personal information with our business partners in order to credit you with mileage or other benefits earned through your participation in the HHonors program.
- Onsite Services: We may share personal information with providers of onsite services that provide services such as concierge services, spa treatments, golf, or dining experiences.
- Service Providers: We rely on service providers to provide certain products and services, such as to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations, credit card billing, reservations services, administering the HHonors program, the Hilton Grand Vacations Club and The Hilton Club program, providing services in connection with our websites, including airline and rental car packages; communicating news and delivering promotional and transactional materials via email and direct mail; processing credit card transactions, data hygiene and enhancement services; professional services such as accounting, auditing and legal advice; investigating accident reports; processing insurance claims; and administering sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions and customer surveys. Hilton will disclose personal information to service providers as appropriate.
- Business Transactions: As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganize businesses or assets. In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, Hilton may, in its sole and absolute discretion, transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- Other: In addition, Hilton may disclose personal information, with or without prior notice to you, in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Hilton, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites' terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When you visit and interact with this site, Hilton and third parties with whom Hilton has contracted to provide services to Hilton, may collect non-personal information (for example, a catalog of the site pages you visit).
Our Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
As with many other sites, our site may use "cookies" or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit our site. If you want to remove or block cookies at any time from your computer, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser's "help" menu to learn how to delete or block cookies).
We also may collect data by using "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "pixel tags") that allow us to know when you visit our site and to understand how you interact with our emails or advertisements. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., the domain name, the areas of the site you visit, your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you came from) which can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
Because non-personal information does not personally identify you, we may use or disclose such information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine non-personal information with personal information (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Our Vendors' and Partners' Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also work with vendors and other partners to help deliver online and mobile advertisements for our brands that we think may be of interest to you. Many of these advertisements are not targeted to you, but rather are placed on pages where we anticipate our target audience will visit frequently.
Some of our advertisements delivered for us by these vendors and other partners may be based on your online behaviors (e.g., on Hilton sites and other third party sites), your search activity, or your general geographic location (such as whether your Wi-Fi network indicates that you are in an airport). These ads may appear on our own sites or on third-party websites. You may also see advertisements for third parties on other websites based on your visits to Hilton sites and other sites.
Also, if you search for a hotel reservation on a Hilton site, you may see an advertisement from a third party for a related or similar offer to that for which you were searching on the Hilton site.
For example, if you have visited the home page or the booking page for one of our properties but not actually booked a room, or if you have searched for a specific term (such as location or dates of stay), our vendors, acting on our behalf, may deliver an advertisement to you for that property or based on that search term. We also engage vendors to deliver online advertisements to consumers whose online behaviors on sites other than our own sites indicate that they may be interested in travel, or to help us deliver advertisements to consumers based on their publicly-available social networking information. For example, if we know that you have stayed with us before, we may, through our vendors, deliver an online advertisement to you or your social networking friends. Some of our vendors may use anonymous data, such as demographic data, received from third parties to assist in the delivery of our advertisements to you.
You may view a list of companies that collect or use information about your browsing activity to assess your ad interests, and opt-out of their use of your browsing activity to serve you interest-based ads, here. Those companies are responsible for managing and honoring your opt-out choices, and Hilton is not responsible for their actions or policies.
The term "sensitive information" refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health data provided by you exclusively to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
Personal Information From Children
Except where required by local laws, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 15 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Mobile and Location-Based Services
You can access our websites from a web-enabled mobile device to find a hotel (including clicking to call the hotel) or view or cancel a reservation. In addition, you can download an application to your Android phone or iPhone to provide additional functionality as described below. Using these applications you can find a hotel; book, view or change reservations; access your HHonors account and book a reward stay. To book a reservation, you will be required to enter your name, address, email address and phone number, and you may be required to enter a credit card number. To view or change reservations, you will be required to sign in to your HHonors account or enter your confirmation number and either your last name or last four digits of the credit card on the reservation. To sign in to or access your HHonors account, or to book a reward stay, you will be required to enter your username or HHonors number and your password or PIN. You can choose whether or not the application retains your HHonors login information, to make it easier to access your HHonors account through the application in the future.
If you have downloaded the application to a device such as an Android phone or iPhone, you can use the device's Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to locate a hotel near you. No personally identifiable information is retained to deliver this location based service.
For certain properties, we also make available a "virtual concierge" application, which may be pre-loaded on a Hilton-owned device, or may be downloadable to your web-enabled mobile device. Using these applications, you can order services from the hotel, such as room service or valet parking; access our websites; access third-party websites, including local attractions and social media; and book a reservation. To order services from the hotel, you will be required to enter your name and room number, and you can request order confirmation via SMS messaging. If you request SMS confirmation, you will be required to enter your phone number and carrier. If you book a reservation, you will be required to sign in to your HHonors account or enter your confirmation number and either your last name or last four digits of the credit card on the reservation.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our site and our mobile applications may contain links to third parties' websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Other third-party websites include the landing page of the high-speed internet providers at our hotels, as well as social media sites (such as Facebook and Twitter) on which Hilton or our properties may have accounts or fan pages where you may be able to post information and materials.
Protecting Personal Information
Hilton will take appropriate measures to: (i) protect personal information collected against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, consistent with applicable law. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with which we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
We will not contact you by mobile / text messaging or email to ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details. We will only ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details by telephone when you are booking a reservation or promotional package by telephone. We will not contact you to ask for your HHonors account log-in information. If you receive this type of request, you should not respond to it. We also ask that you please notify us at email@example.com.
Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information
If you are an HHonors member or have registered for a Fast Reservations Account, the information you provided to us at the time of registration may be accessed, reviewed and updated at any time by signing in using your Username (or HHonors number) and Password (or PIN), and clicking on "my profile."
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by the applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the following address: Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 15305 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 600, Addison, TX 75001, USA. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
In addition, in some circumstances based on applicable law, you may request that we cease sharing personal information about you with our business partners or that Hilton cease the use of personal information about you on the grounds that such personal information was acquired by unjust means or used in violation of law by sending your written request to Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 15305 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 600, Addison, TX 75001, USA. We will seek to honor those requests consistently with applicable law.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Choices- Marketing Communications
If you have given us your contact information (mail address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may want to inform you about our products and services or invite you to events by email, telephone, mobile / text messaging (including SMS and MMS) or post.
If you are an HHonors member, you may receive additional communications from us, including HHonors statements, third-party news and offers specifically for HHonors Program members, and co-branded messages from our business partners. HHonors members of certain levels in certain states may also receive post-stay emails from us. You may change the communications you receive from us by logging onto your account online and managing your subscriptions, or by contacting us in the manner described below.
If you prefer not to receive marketing materials from us, you may change your preferences at any time by: (i) sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; (ii) writing to us (and include your email address) at Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 15305 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 600, Addison, TX 75001, USA; or (iii) using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us. We will update your preferences as soon as reasonably practical.
Please note, however, that if you "opt-out" as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of affiliates, franchisees or business partners with which we have already shared your personal information (i.e., to which we have already provided your personal information as of the date of your opt-out request).
Special Notification for California Residents. Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: CA_Privacy@Hilton.com or Hilton Worldwide, Inc., Attn: Guest Assistance, 755 Crossover Lane, Memphis, TN 38117. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we make material changes to this policy we will post a link to the revised policy on the homepage of our site. You can tell when this Policy was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Policy. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the site. Use of the site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Hilton processes your personal information, please contact us by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 15305 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 600, Addison, TX 75001, USA.